Jun 26, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
Sure, the big news about Alex Rodriguez joining Twitter this week is that he almost immediately managed to piss off Yankees general manager Brian Cashman, but as a Twitter addict I’m more interested in who A-Rod has chosen to follow.
So far he’s followed 41 accounts, including lots of Yankees-related stuff like the Yankees’ official account, YES Network, and teammates and ex-teammates CC Sabathia, Robinson Cano, Nick Swisher, Mark Teixeira, Curtis Granderson, Vernon Wells, Joba Chamberlain, Reid Brignac, Eduardo Nunez, Austin Romine, Francisco Cervelli, and David Robertson.
Athletes from other sports: Kobe Bryant, Greg Norman, Magic Johnson, Tiger Woods.
Celebrities: Jay-Z, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Ashton Kutcher, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Guy Oseary.
Bands and brands: Coldplay, Boys and Girls Clubs of America, Kings of Leon, Vita Coca Coconut Water, Jordan brand.
Lesser known businessman: Jim Rowley, who formerly ran 24-Hour Fitness and now runs New Evolution Fitness. He has a private account, so Rodriguez is one of his 338 followers.
And of course A-Rod is following his girlfriend, former WWE wrestler Torrie Wilson.
All in all he’s basically following a bunch of co-workers, lots of big-name celebrities, and some bands he likes, so I guess A-Rod is just like most people on Twitter.
This was all very dumb, but don’t make the same mistake as Alex Rodriguez: Follow me on Twitter.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 267
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (267)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)