Jun 26, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Sure, the big news about Alex Rodriguez joining Twitter this week is that he almost immediately managed to piss off Yankees general manager Brian Cashman, but as a Twitter addict I’m more interested in who A-Rod has chosen to follow.
So far he’s followed 41 accounts, including lots of Yankees-related stuff like the Yankees’ official account, YES Network, and teammates and ex-teammates CC Sabathia, Robinson Cano, Nick Swisher, Mark Teixeira, Curtis Granderson, Vernon Wells, Joba Chamberlain, Reid Brignac, Eduardo Nunez, Austin Romine, Francisco Cervelli, and David Robertson.
Athletes from other sports: Kobe Bryant, Greg Norman, Magic Johnson, Tiger Woods.
Celebrities: Jay-Z, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Ashton Kutcher, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Guy Oseary.
Bands and brands: Coldplay, Boys and Girls Clubs of America, Kings of Leon, Vita Coca Coconut Water, Jordan brand.
Lesser known businessman: Jim Rowley, who formerly ran 24-Hour Fitness and now runs New Evolution Fitness. He has a private account, so Rodriguez is one of his 338 followers.
And of course A-Rod is following his girlfriend, former WWE wrestler Torrie Wilson.
All in all he’s basically following a bunch of co-workers, lots of big-name celebrities, and some bands he likes, so I guess A-Rod is just like most people on Twitter.
This was all very dumb, but don’t make the same mistake as Alex Rodriguez: Follow me on Twitter.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 53
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 16
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)