Jun 26, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
Sure, the big news about Alex Rodriguez joining Twitter this week is that he almost immediately managed to piss off Yankees general manager Brian Cashman, but as a Twitter addict I’m more interested in who A-Rod has chosen to follow.
So far he’s followed 41 accounts, including lots of Yankees-related stuff like the Yankees’ official account, YES Network, and teammates and ex-teammates CC Sabathia, Robinson Cano, Nick Swisher, Mark Teixeira, Curtis Granderson, Vernon Wells, Joba Chamberlain, Reid Brignac, Eduardo Nunez, Austin Romine, Francisco Cervelli, and David Robertson.
Athletes from other sports: Kobe Bryant, Greg Norman, Magic Johnson, Tiger Woods.
Celebrities: Jay-Z, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Ashton Kutcher, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Guy Oseary.
Bands and brands: Coldplay, Boys and Girls Clubs of America, Kings of Leon, Vita Coca Coconut Water, Jordan brand.
Lesser known businessman: Jim Rowley, who formerly ran 24-Hour Fitness and now runs New Evolution Fitness. He has a private account, so Rodriguez is one of his 338 followers.
And of course A-Rod is following his girlfriend, former WWE wrestler Torrie Wilson.
All in all he’s basically following a bunch of co-workers, lots of big-name celebrities, and some bands he likes, so I guess A-Rod is just like most people on Twitter.
This was all very dumb, but don’t make the same mistake as Alex Rodriguez: Follow me on Twitter.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (131)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)