Jun 26, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Sure, the big news about Alex Rodriguez joining Twitter this week is that he almost immediately managed to piss off Yankees general manager Brian Cashman, but as a Twitter addict I’m more interested in who A-Rod has chosen to follow.
So far he’s followed 41 accounts, including lots of Yankees-related stuff like the Yankees’ official account, YES Network, and teammates and ex-teammates CC Sabathia, Robinson Cano, Nick Swisher, Mark Teixeira, Curtis Granderson, Vernon Wells, Joba Chamberlain, Reid Brignac, Eduardo Nunez, Austin Romine, Francisco Cervelli, and David Robertson.
Athletes from other sports: Kobe Bryant, Greg Norman, Magic Johnson, Tiger Woods.
Celebrities: Jay-Z, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Ashton Kutcher, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Guy Oseary.
Bands and brands: Coldplay, Boys and Girls Clubs of America, Kings of Leon, Vita Coca Coconut Water, Jordan brand.
Lesser known businessman: Jim Rowley, who formerly ran 24-Hour Fitness and now runs New Evolution Fitness. He has a private account, so Rodriguez is one of his 338 followers.
And of course A-Rod is following his girlfriend, former WWE wrestler Torrie Wilson.
All in all he’s basically following a bunch of co-workers, lots of big-name celebrities, and some bands he likes, so I guess A-Rod is just like most people on Twitter.
This was all very dumb, but don’t make the same mistake as Alex Rodriguez: Follow me on Twitter.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8