Jun 26, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Sure, the big news about Alex Rodriguez joining Twitter this week is that he almost immediately managed to piss off Yankees general manager Brian Cashman, but as a Twitter addict I’m more interested in who A-Rod has chosen to follow.
So far he’s followed 41 accounts, including lots of Yankees-related stuff like the Yankees’ official account, YES Network, and teammates and ex-teammates CC Sabathia, Robinson Cano, Nick Swisher, Mark Teixeira, Curtis Granderson, Vernon Wells, Joba Chamberlain, Reid Brignac, Eduardo Nunez, Austin Romine, Francisco Cervelli, and David Robertson.
Athletes from other sports: Kobe Bryant, Greg Norman, Magic Johnson, Tiger Woods.
Celebrities: Jay-Z, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Ashton Kutcher, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Guy Oseary.
Bands and brands: Coldplay, Boys and Girls Clubs of America, Kings of Leon, Vita Coca Coconut Water, Jordan brand.
Lesser known businessman: Jim Rowley, who formerly ran 24-Hour Fitness and now runs New Evolution Fitness. He has a private account, so Rodriguez is one of his 338 followers.
And of course A-Rod is following his girlfriend, former WWE wrestler Torrie Wilson.
All in all he’s basically following a bunch of co-workers, lots of big-name celebrities, and some bands he likes, so I guess A-Rod is just like most people on Twitter.
This was all very dumb, but don’t make the same mistake as Alex Rodriguez: Follow me on Twitter.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 35
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 16
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 61
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29