Jun 27, 2013, 9:40 PM EDT
Adam Eaton has been out since spring training due to sprained elbow ligament and experienced a setback in his rehab last month, but he has returned to game action.
According to Jack Magruder of FOX Sports Arizona, Eaton resumed his rehab assignment yesterday with the Diamondbacks’ Arizona League team and went 1-for-2 with two RBI as the designated hitter. He had an RBI single and a sacrifice fly, in addition to drawing a walk and being hit by a pitch.
Eaton figures to be eased back into outfield duty, but if all goes well, he could make an impact for the Diamondbacks at some point during the second half. The 24-year-old batted .259/.382/.412 in 22 games in his first taste of the majors last season and has shown the ability to be a top-of-the-order catalyst in the minors.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)