Jun 27, 2013, 9:20 AM EST
Albert Pujols spends a lot of this interview with Jon Paul Morosi talking about his contentment in life and stuff, and how he has great relations with folks from his Cardinals days, but he still apparently holds some grudges against the Cardinals front office about how they handled things when he left town:
“I think the only thing I’m bitter about is the way the front office handled it a little bit. I think they should have handled it a little better. I’m bitter about that. They tried to make me look like I was a bad guy. But that’s OK. I’m a big boy. Besides that, I also understand there’s nothing I can do. Even if I could take it back, I’m happy where I am right now. My goal is to focus and concentrate on what I need to do to help this ballclub win.”
So what, exactly, did the Cardinals’ front office do?
“It’s something I don’t want to talk about,” he said. “They know what they did. I don’t need to talk about that.”
Oh. Good. Because it would be bad if you mentioned something about that.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27