Jun 27, 2013, 11:49 AM EDT
On the disabled list with a strained shoulder, Anibal Sanchez is scheduled to begin a minor-league rehab assignment Monday at Single-A.
Jason Beck of MLB.com reports that Sanchez will likely throw around 60 pitches, which suggests he might be making more than one start in the minors before rejoining the Tigers’ rotation. Sanchez was cleared for the rehab assignment following a 30-pitch bullpen session this morning that apparently went well.
Before being shut down Sanchez was fantastic for the Tigers, throwing 82 innings with a 2.76 ERA and 101/23 K/BB ratio, but he struggled in his last outing on June 15 and manager Jim Leyland gave him a quick hook after realizing he clearly wasn’t right physically.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 52
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 89
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (104)