Jun 27, 2013, 11:49 AM EST
On the disabled list with a strained shoulder, Anibal Sanchez is scheduled to begin a minor-league rehab assignment Monday at Single-A.
Jason Beck of MLB.com reports that Sanchez will likely throw around 60 pitches, which suggests he might be making more than one start in the minors before rejoining the Tigers’ rotation. Sanchez was cleared for the rehab assignment following a 30-pitch bullpen session this morning that apparently went well.
Before being shut down Sanchez was fantastic for the Tigers, throwing 82 innings with a 2.76 ERA and 101/23 K/BB ratio, but he struggled in his last outing on June 15 and manager Jim Leyland gave him a quick hook after realizing he clearly wasn’t right physically.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 10
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 279
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (279)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)