Jun 27, 2013, 11:49 AM EST
On the disabled list with a strained shoulder, Anibal Sanchez is scheduled to begin a minor-league rehab assignment Monday at Single-A.
Jason Beck of MLB.com reports that Sanchez will likely throw around 60 pitches, which suggests he might be making more than one start in the minors before rejoining the Tigers’ rotation. Sanchez was cleared for the rehab assignment following a 30-pitch bullpen session this morning that apparently went well.
Before being shut down Sanchez was fantastic for the Tigers, throwing 82 innings with a 2.76 ERA and 101/23 K/BB ratio, but he struggled in his last outing on June 15 and manager Jim Leyland gave him a quick hook after realizing he clearly wasn’t right physically.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)