Jun 27, 2013, 11:49 AM EDT
On the disabled list with a strained shoulder, Anibal Sanchez is scheduled to begin a minor-league rehab assignment Monday at Single-A.
Jason Beck of MLB.com reports that Sanchez will likely throw around 60 pitches, which suggests he might be making more than one start in the minors before rejoining the Tigers’ rotation. Sanchez was cleared for the rehab assignment following a 30-pitch bullpen session this morning that apparently went well.
Before being shut down Sanchez was fantastic for the Tigers, throwing 82 innings with a 2.76 ERA and 101/23 K/BB ratio, but he struggled in his last outing on June 15 and manager Jim Leyland gave him a quick hook after realizing he clearly wasn’t right physically.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)