Jun 27, 2013, 4:00 PM EST
Holland, who had given up four earned runs in each of his past three starts was doing no such thing today. He handcuffed the Yankees, allowing only two hits while walking two and striking out seven as he shut out the Bombers on a mere 92 pitches. ThIchiro Suzuki led Yankees first off with a single. Austin Romine singled in the third. And that was it. The Rangers won 2-0 on a Jurickson Profar homer and an Ian Kinsler sac fly.
So, what started as an awful visit to the tri-state area for Holland turned into something quite nice.
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 26
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 149
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 15
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 24
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (150)
- My imaginary Hall of Fame ballot (89)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (75)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (74)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)