Jun 27, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
Holland, who had given up four earned runs in each of his past three starts was doing no such thing today. He handcuffed the Yankees, allowing only two hits while walking two and striking out seven as he shut out the Bombers on a mere 92 pitches. ThIchiro Suzuki led Yankees first off with a single. Austin Romine singled in the third. And that was it. The Rangers won 2-0 on a Jurickson Profar homer and an Ian Kinsler sac fly.
So, what started as an awful visit to the tri-state area for Holland turned into something quite nice.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 0
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 51
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 77
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 65
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)