Jun 27, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
Holland, who had given up four earned runs in each of his past three starts was doing no such thing today. He handcuffed the Yankees, allowing only two hits while walking two and striking out seven as he shut out the Bombers on a mere 92 pitches. ThIchiro Suzuki led Yankees first off with a single. Austin Romine singled in the third. And that was it. The Rangers won 2-0 on a Jurickson Profar homer and an Ian Kinsler sac fly.
So, what started as an awful visit to the tri-state area for Holland turned into something quite nice.
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 60
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 35
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 38
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 9
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The Royals asked a fan in Marlins gear to change his shirt last night. He refused. (86)