Jun 27, 2013, 7:38 PM EDT
Dexter Fowler was able to avoid a trip to the disabled list after he was hit in the right hand by a pitch two weeks ago, but he might not be so lucky this time around.
According to Troy Renck of the Denver Post, Fowler was scheduled to go for an MRI on his right hand Thursday after he felt some discomfort during a swing on Tuesday. He missed some time with a bruised knuckle and sore fingers after he was hit by the pitch two weeks ago, but it’s not clear if this new injury is related.
The surprising Rockies lost Troy Tulowitzki to a rib fracture two weeks ago, so missing Fowler for an extended period of time would be another tough blow to their offense. The 27-year-old center fielder is batting .291/.390/.473 with 10 home runs, 26 RBI, and 12 stolen bases in 70 games this season.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)