Jun 27, 2013, 7:38 PM EDT
Dexter Fowler was able to avoid a trip to the disabled list after he was hit in the right hand by a pitch two weeks ago, but he might not be so lucky this time around.
According to Troy Renck of the Denver Post, Fowler was scheduled to go for an MRI on his right hand Thursday after he felt some discomfort during a swing on Tuesday. He missed some time with a bruised knuckle and sore fingers after he was hit by the pitch two weeks ago, but it’s not clear if this new injury is related.
The surprising Rockies lost Troy Tulowitzki to a rib fracture two weeks ago, so missing Fowler for an extended period of time would be another tough blow to their offense. The 27-year-old center fielder is batting .291/.390/.473 with 10 home runs, 26 RBI, and 12 stolen bases in 70 games this season.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 11
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 16
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)