Jun 27, 2013, 7:38 PM EDT
Dexter Fowler was able to avoid a trip to the disabled list after he was hit in the right hand by a pitch two weeks ago, but he might not be so lucky this time around.
According to Troy Renck of the Denver Post, Fowler was scheduled to go for an MRI on his right hand Thursday after he felt some discomfort during a swing on Tuesday. He missed some time with a bruised knuckle and sore fingers after he was hit by the pitch two weeks ago, but it’s not clear if this new injury is related.
The surprising Rockies lost Troy Tulowitzki to a rib fracture two weeks ago, so missing Fowler for an extended period of time would be another tough blow to their offense. The 27-year-old center fielder is batting .291/.390/.473 with 10 home runs, 26 RBI, and 12 stolen bases in 70 games this season.
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 0
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 34
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 29
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 42
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)