Jun 27, 2013, 7:38 PM EST
Dexter Fowler was able to avoid a trip to the disabled list after he was hit in the right hand by a pitch two weeks ago, but he might not be so lucky this time around.
According to Troy Renck of the Denver Post, Fowler was scheduled to go for an MRI on his right hand Thursday after he felt some discomfort during a swing on Tuesday. He missed some time with a bruised knuckle and sore fingers after he was hit by the pitch two weeks ago, but it’s not clear if this new injury is related.
The surprising Rockies lost Troy Tulowitzki to a rib fracture two weeks ago, so missing Fowler for an extended period of time would be another tough blow to their offense. The 27-year-old center fielder is batting .291/.390/.473 with 10 home runs, 26 RBI, and 12 stolen bases in 70 games this season.
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 133
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (285)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)