Jun 27, 2013, 7:38 PM EST
Dexter Fowler was able to avoid a trip to the disabled list after he was hit in the right hand by a pitch two weeks ago, but he might not be so lucky this time around.
According to Troy Renck of the Denver Post, Fowler was scheduled to go for an MRI on his right hand Thursday after he felt some discomfort during a swing on Tuesday. He missed some time with a bruised knuckle and sore fingers after he was hit by the pitch two weeks ago, but it’s not clear if this new injury is related.
The surprising Rockies lost Troy Tulowitzki to a rib fracture two weeks ago, so missing Fowler for an extended period of time would be another tough blow to their offense. The 27-year-old center fielder is batting .291/.390/.473 with 10 home runs, 26 RBI, and 12 stolen bases in 70 games this season.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27