Jun 27, 2013, 4:16 PM EST
Earlier this week the Orioles optioned Freddy Garcia to Triple-A and because he’s a veteran he had the ability to decline the assignment. Garcia did just that, but today he re-signed with the Orioles on a new minor-league deal.
That means he’ll report to Triple-A and remains in Baltimore’s plans as a potential fill-in option.
Garcia pitched well during his first month with the Orioles, but fell apart this month and posted a 5.77 ERA in 53 innings overall. Dating back to last season the 36-year-old right-hander has a 5.39 ERA in 160 innings.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 56
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)