Jun 27, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
Earlier this week the Orioles optioned Freddy Garcia to Triple-A and because he’s a veteran he had the ability to decline the assignment. Garcia did just that, but today he re-signed with the Orioles on a new minor-league deal.
That means he’ll report to Triple-A and remains in Baltimore’s plans as a potential fill-in option.
Garcia pitched well during his first month with the Orioles, but fell apart this month and posted a 5.77 ERA in 53 innings overall. Dating back to last season the 36-year-old right-hander has a 5.39 ERA in 160 innings.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 196
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)