Jun 27, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
Earlier this week the Orioles optioned Freddy Garcia to Triple-A and because he’s a veteran he had the ability to decline the assignment. Garcia did just that, but today he re-signed with the Orioles on a new minor-league deal.
That means he’ll report to Triple-A and remains in Baltimore’s plans as a potential fill-in option.
Garcia pitched well during his first month with the Orioles, but fell apart this month and posted a 5.77 ERA in 53 innings overall. Dating back to last season the 36-year-old right-hander has a 5.39 ERA in 160 innings.
- Major League Baseball needs to shift the All-Star week schedule 0
- Futures Game lineups: Team USA vs. Team World 5
- Braves suspend Dan Uggla one game for being extremely tardy on Saturday in Chicago 19
- Cliff Lee on track to return to Phillies’ rotation July 21 3
- MRI shows biceps strain, no structural damage, for Nationals starter Jordan Zimmermann 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 22
- Reds hope to get Joey Votto back for the “stretch run” 8
- Jean Segura leaves Brewers following the death of his nine-month-old son 47
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (192)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (114)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)