Jun 27, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
Earlier this week the Orioles optioned Freddy Garcia to Triple-A and because he’s a veteran he had the ability to decline the assignment. Garcia did just that, but today he re-signed with the Orioles on a new minor-league deal.
That means he’ll report to Triple-A and remains in Baltimore’s plans as a potential fill-in option.
Garcia pitched well during his first month with the Orioles, but fell apart this month and posted a 5.77 ERA in 53 innings overall. Dating back to last season the 36-year-old right-hander has a 5.39 ERA in 160 innings.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (83)
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (82)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. (76)