Jun 27, 2013, 4:16 PM EST
Earlier this week the Orioles optioned Freddy Garcia to Triple-A and because he’s a veteran he had the ability to decline the assignment. Garcia did just that, but today he re-signed with the Orioles on a new minor-league deal.
That means he’ll report to Triple-A and remains in Baltimore’s plans as a potential fill-in option.
Garcia pitched well during his first month with the Orioles, but fell apart this month and posted a 5.77 ERA in 53 innings overall. Dating back to last season the 36-year-old right-hander has a 5.39 ERA in 160 innings.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 61
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)