HBT Daily: The frisky Pirates and the devious A-Rod

Jun 27, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT

I feel like if the Pirates even went on to win the World Series at this point the next day there would be articles entitled: “The Pirates: are they for real?”

Also: that evil A-Rod strikes again! This time trying to get healthy, come back, play for the Yankees and … wait, why is he evil again?

1. gdobs227 - Jun 27, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Pirates lose game 7 of the World Series:

“I knew they’d fall apart. It was only a matter of time.”

2. The Dangerous Mabry - Jun 27, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Even your graphics guys don’t believe in the Pirates apparently. They listed their record as 40-38, rather than the appropriate 48-30.

3. chill1184 - Jun 27, 2013 at 1:49 PM

As much as I would like for the Pirates to break their two decade losing streak I believe it’s too early to call it. Team is impressive no doubt but I would wait until at least early August to make the bet. IMO

• gdobs227 - Jun 27, 2013 at 1:55 PM

They were 16 over .500 in early August last year…

4. number42is1 - Jun 27, 2013 at 1:49 PM

they are only 33 games away from a 500 season. which means that even if they play 500 ball the rest of the way they are guaranteed a winning season.

• jwbiii - Jun 27, 2013 at 1:57 PM

“Any team over .500 which plays .500 ball the rest of the way will finish over .500.” I gotta write that one down.

• number42is1 - Jun 27, 2013 at 2:09 PM

OK I deserve that one…sounded a lot better in my head. but the point is the same.

• paperlions - Jun 27, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Your logic is bedazzling.

5. penzfan329 - Jun 27, 2013 at 1:54 PM

From here on they have to play .369 ball to finish at 500. It is still way early considering the collapse they had last year

6. dford6 - Jun 27, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Hey gdobs227, the Pirates have a nice history of winning those game 7s. Maybe Mazeroski has a grandson ready to go. I know, I know just wishful thinking, but they do have hometown boy Neil Walker who can hit one over the left field wall.

7. georgiaus - Jun 27, 2013 at 2:33 PM

my friend’s mom makes $69/hr on the laptop. She has been without a job for seven months but last month her pay check was $13431 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Read more on this sitego to this site home tab for more detail—>>> http://cnn.com.qr.net/knu3

• number42is1 - Jun 27, 2013 at 2:38 PM

I thought her last paycheck was 17000+ as of this morning.. someone is clearly lying.

8. yahmule - Jun 27, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Off Topic: HORRRRRRIBLE call in the Nats/DBacks game by Mike Estabrook who really seems to struggle on the bases. Gerardo Parra’s entire body was past the second base bag before the tag was applied. Pregnant pause…OUT!

Prediction: Robot Umpire thread is pending.

9. jimmymarlinsfan - Jun 28, 2013 at 1:41 AM

Hey, Craig, way to mention, my cousin Jeff! Props to you on that!

Three legends off to Cooperstown