Jun 27, 2013, 11:20 AM EDT
Keeping in mind that return timetables for concussions are rarely accurate, Astros outfielder Justin Maxwell is hoping to avoid the seven-day concussion disabled list and be available as soon as Friday.
Maxwell suffered what the Astros are calling a “mild” concussion when he dove for a ball Tuesday night, but Richard Dean of CSNHouston.com reports that Maxwell was cleared by a specialist yesterday following a series of tests. However, he also “still has a little headache” so obviously a Friday return is no sure thing.
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 0
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 2
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 35
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)