Jun 27, 2013, 11:20 AM EDT
Keeping in mind that return timetables for concussions are rarely accurate, Astros outfielder Justin Maxwell is hoping to avoid the seven-day concussion disabled list and be available as soon as Friday.
Maxwell suffered what the Astros are calling a “mild” concussion when he dove for a ball Tuesday night, but Richard Dean of CSNHouston.com reports that Maxwell was cleared by a specialist yesterday following a series of tests. However, he also “still has a little headache” so obviously a Friday return is no sure thing.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 77
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 102
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (80)