Jun 27, 2013, 11:20 AM EST
Keeping in mind that return timetables for concussions are rarely accurate, Astros outfielder Justin Maxwell is hoping to avoid the seven-day concussion disabled list and be available as soon as Friday.
Maxwell suffered what the Astros are calling a “mild” concussion when he dove for a ball Tuesday night, but Richard Dean of CSNHouston.com reports that Maxwell was cleared by a specialist yesterday following a series of tests. However, he also “still has a little headache” so obviously a Friday return is no sure thing.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 59
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 156
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (158)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)