Jun 27, 2013, 11:20 AM EST
Keeping in mind that return timetables for concussions are rarely accurate, Astros outfielder Justin Maxwell is hoping to avoid the seven-day concussion disabled list and be available as soon as Friday.
Maxwell suffered what the Astros are calling a “mild” concussion when he dove for a ball Tuesday night, but Richard Dean of CSNHouston.com reports that Maxwell was cleared by a specialist yesterday following a series of tests. However, he also “still has a little headache” so obviously a Friday return is no sure thing.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 7
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 42
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)