Jun 27, 2013, 11:20 AM EST
Keeping in mind that return timetables for concussions are rarely accurate, Astros outfielder Justin Maxwell is hoping to avoid the seven-day concussion disabled list and be available as soon as Friday.
Maxwell suffered what the Astros are calling a “mild” concussion when he dove for a ball Tuesday night, but Richard Dean of CSNHouston.com reports that Maxwell was cleared by a specialist yesterday following a series of tests. However, he also “still has a little headache” so obviously a Friday return is no sure thing.
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 21
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 48
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)