Jun 27, 2013, 11:34 AM EDT
Tommy Hanson was scratched from last night’s start against the Tigers with soreness in his forearm. Now it’s gonna cost him at least a couple of weeks: The Angels have placed Hanson on the 15-day disabled list with a right forearm injury.
Hanson has an ERA of 5.10 and a 33/17 K/BB ratio in 47 and two-thirds innings this season and missed a huge chunk of time while dealing with family and personal problems. Just a lost year for the guy.
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 6
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 92
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 16
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (92)