Jun 27, 2013, 11:34 AM EDT
Tommy Hanson was scratched from last night’s start against the Tigers with soreness in his forearm. Now it’s gonna cost him at least a couple of weeks: The Angels have placed Hanson on the 15-day disabled list with a right forearm injury.
Hanson has an ERA of 5.10 and a 33/17 K/BB ratio in 47 and two-thirds innings this season and missed a huge chunk of time while dealing with family and personal problems. Just a lost year for the guy.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 0
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 9
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 28
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 11
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 42
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (91)