Jun 27, 2013, 11:34 AM EST
Tommy Hanson was scratched from last night’s start against the Tigers with soreness in his forearm. Now it’s gonna cost him at least a couple of weeks: The Angels have placed Hanson on the 15-day disabled list with a right forearm injury.
Hanson has an ERA of 5.10 and a 33/17 K/BB ratio in 47 and two-thirds innings this season and missed a huge chunk of time while dealing with family and personal problems. Just a lost year for the guy.
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 43
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 57
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 45
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)