Jun 27, 2013, 11:34 AM EST
Tommy Hanson was scratched from last night’s start against the Tigers with soreness in his forearm. Now it’s gonna cost him at least a couple of weeks: The Angels have placed Hanson on the 15-day disabled list with a right forearm injury.
Hanson has an ERA of 5.10 and a 33/17 K/BB ratio in 47 and two-thirds innings this season and missed a huge chunk of time while dealing with family and personal problems. Just a lost year for the guy.
- Keith Law Ranks the Farm Systems: Yay for Chicago! Boo for Detroit! 14
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 153
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (155)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)