Jun 27, 2013, 11:34 AM EDT
Tommy Hanson was scratched from last night’s start against the Tigers with soreness in his forearm. Now it’s gonna cost him at least a couple of weeks: The Angels have placed Hanson on the 15-day disabled list with a right forearm injury.
Hanson has an ERA of 5.10 and a 33/17 K/BB ratio in 47 and two-thirds innings this season and missed a huge chunk of time while dealing with family and personal problems. Just a lost year for the guy.
- Joey Gallo earns Futures Game MVP honors after leading Team USA to victory 3
- Major League Baseball needs to shift the All-Star week schedule 41
- Braves suspend Dan Uggla one game for being extremely tardy on Saturday in Chicago 32
- Cliff Lee on track to return to Phillies’ rotation July 21 4
- MRI shows biceps strain, no structural damage, for Nationals starter Jordan Zimmermann 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 22
- Reds hope to get Joey Votto back for the “stretch run” 8
- Jean Segura leaves Brewers following the death of his nine-month-old son 47
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (192)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (114)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)
- Woman knocked unconscious during fight between A’s and Giants fans outside AT&T Park (84)