Jun 28, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Alexi Ogando still has some shoulder soreness following a bullpen session earlier this week, so not surprisingly manager Ron Washington admitted that the Rangers don’t expect him back from the disabled list until after the All-Star break.
Jeff Wilson of the Forth Worth Star Telegram reports that Ogando will throw at least one more bullpen session and also throw live batting practice at least once before being cleared for a minor-league rehab assignment.
He’s been on the DL since June 6 and previously missed three weeks with biceps tendinitis, so the Rangers have plenty of reason to be cautious about his recovery timetable.
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 1
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 47
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 47
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 6
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)