Jun 28, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Alexi Ogando still has some shoulder soreness following a bullpen session earlier this week, so not surprisingly manager Ron Washington admitted that the Rangers don’t expect him back from the disabled list until after the All-Star break.
Jeff Wilson of the Forth Worth Star Telegram reports that Ogando will throw at least one more bullpen session and also throw live batting practice at least once before being cleared for a minor-league rehab assignment.
He’s been on the DL since June 6 and previously missed three weeks with biceps tendinitis, so the Rangers have plenty of reason to be cautious about his recovery timetable.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)