Jun 28, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Alexi Ogando still has some shoulder soreness following a bullpen session earlier this week, so not surprisingly manager Ron Washington admitted that the Rangers don’t expect him back from the disabled list until after the All-Star break.
Jeff Wilson of the Forth Worth Star Telegram reports that Ogando will throw at least one more bullpen session and also throw live batting practice at least once before being cleared for a minor-league rehab assignment.
He’s been on the DL since June 6 and previously missed three weeks with biceps tendinitis, so the Rangers have plenty of reason to be cautious about his recovery timetable.
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 2
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 17
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)