Jun 28, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Alexi Ogando still has some shoulder soreness following a bullpen session earlier this week, so not surprisingly manager Ron Washington admitted that the Rangers don’t expect him back from the disabled list until after the All-Star break.
Jeff Wilson of the Forth Worth Star Telegram reports that Ogando will throw at least one more bullpen session and also throw live batting practice at least once before being cleared for a minor-league rehab assignment.
He’s been on the DL since June 6 and previously missed three weeks with biceps tendinitis, so the Rangers have plenty of reason to be cautious about his recovery timetable.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 42
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 17
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 61
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29