Jun 28, 2013, 11:51 AM EST
Alexi Ogando still has some shoulder soreness following a bullpen session earlier this week, so not surprisingly manager Ron Washington admitted that the Rangers don’t expect him back from the disabled list until after the All-Star break.
Jeff Wilson of the Forth Worth Star Telegram reports that Ogando will throw at least one more bullpen session and also throw live batting practice at least once before being cleared for a minor-league rehab assignment.
He’s been on the DL since June 6 and previously missed three weeks with biceps tendinitis, so the Rangers have plenty of reason to be cautious about his recovery timetable.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 82
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 46
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 31
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)