Jun 28, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Chris Perez came off the disabled list yesterday after missing a month with a strained shoulder and manager Terry Francona wasted no time announcing that he’ll immediately resume closing for the Indians.
Perez struggled quite a bit before being shut down with the injury and fill-in Vinnie Pestano converted all five saves opportunities in his absence while posting a 2.45 ERA in 11 innings.
Also of note regarding Perez’s return from the DL, via Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer:
Before the game, Perez told a team official that he would talk to reporters, but only if two reporters were excluded from the interview. It did not appear Perez talked to reporters before the game.
While he was on the shelf Perez and his wife were arrested for allegedly having marijuana delivered to their house under their dog’s name, which is no doubt why Perez is trying to dictate the terms of his media engagement. Maybe all the Indians beat writers ought to ask to interview Perez’s dog.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)