Jun 28, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Chris Perez came off the disabled list yesterday after missing a month with a strained shoulder and manager Terry Francona wasted no time announcing that he’ll immediately resume closing for the Indians.
Perez struggled quite a bit before being shut down with the injury and fill-in Vinnie Pestano converted all five saves opportunities in his absence while posting a 2.45 ERA in 11 innings.
Also of note regarding Perez’s return from the DL, via Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer:
Before the game, Perez told a team official that he would talk to reporters, but only if two reporters were excluded from the interview. It did not appear Perez talked to reporters before the game.
While he was on the shelf Perez and his wife were arrested for allegedly having marijuana delivered to their house under their dog’s name, which is no doubt why Perez is trying to dictate the terms of his media engagement. Maybe all the Indians beat writers ought to ask to interview Perez’s dog.
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 2
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 54
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 31
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 37
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 8
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (105)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)