Jun 28, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
Rays third baseman Evan Longoria was taken out before the start of the top of the third inning of tonight’s game against the Tigers. The Tampa Bay Times reports Longoria re-aggravated the plantar fasciitis in his right foot. He will be reevaluated tomorrow. Kelly Johnson replaced him at the hot corner.
Longoria missed more than three months last year due to a strained left hamstring, so another injury is the last thing the Rays want to hear right now, especially with the season he is having. The 27-year-old has a .920 OPS and racked up 3.6 WAR already, the sixth-most in the American League, per Baseball Reference.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 7
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 11
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)