Jun 28, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
Rays third baseman Evan Longoria was taken out before the start of the top of the third inning of tonight’s game against the Tigers. The Tampa Bay Times reports Longoria re-aggravated the plantar fasciitis in his right foot. He will be reevaluated tomorrow. Kelly Johnson replaced him at the hot corner.
Longoria missed more than three months last year due to a strained left hamstring, so another injury is the last thing the Rays want to hear right now, especially with the season he is having. The 27-year-old has a .920 OPS and racked up 3.6 WAR already, the sixth-most in the American League, per Baseball Reference.
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 1
- Update: Luis Avilan loses Aaron Harang’s no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 4
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 36
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)