Jun 28, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
Rays third baseman Evan Longoria was taken out before the start of the top of the third inning of tonight’s game against the Tigers. The Tampa Bay Times reports Longoria re-aggravated the plantar fasciitis in his right foot. He will be reevaluated tomorrow. Kelly Johnson replaced him at the hot corner.
Longoria missed more than three months last year due to a strained left hamstring, so another injury is the last thing the Rays want to hear right now, especially with the season he is having. The 27-year-old has a .920 OPS and racked up 3.6 WAR already, the sixth-most in the American League, per Baseball Reference.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)