Jun 28, 2013, 9:20 PM EDT
Sad news from the Tampa Bay Times. Former Major Leaguer Justin Miller was found dead on Wednesday night. He was 35 years old and leaves behind a wife and two sons. The cause of death is not yet known, but authorities are investigating.
Miller spent parts of seven seasons between 2002-10 in the Majors, with the Blue Jays, Marlins, Giants, and Dodgers. He battled injury problems throughout his career, undergoing surgery on both his shoulder and elbow and worked his way back every time.
We send our condolences to the Miller family in this sad time.
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 0
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 30
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 43
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 57
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (106)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)