Jun 28, 2013, 5:35 PM EST
Indians minor leaguer Dillon Howard, who was Cleveland’s second-round pick in 2011, has been suspended 50 games for violating the drug policy.
Howard signed for significantly over the slot recommended bonus at $1.85 million and then had a miserable professional debut last season in rookie-ball, going 1-7 with a 7.90 ERA in 41 innings. He’s yet to pitch this season.
Heading into last season Howard rated as the Indians’ second-best prospect according to Baseball America, but he fell at the way to 25th on BA‘s list this year.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 32
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 377
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (377)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)