Jun 28, 2013, 5:35 PM EDT
Indians minor leaguer Dillon Howard, who was Cleveland’s second-round pick in 2011, has been suspended 50 games for violating the drug policy.
Howard signed for significantly over the slot recommended bonus at $1.85 million and then had a miserable professional debut last season in rookie-ball, going 1-7 with a 7.90 ERA in 41 innings. He’s yet to pitch this season.
Heading into last season Howard rated as the Indians’ second-best prospect according to Baseball America, but he fell at the way to 25th on BA‘s list this year.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 16
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)