Jun 28, 2013, 5:35 PM EDT
Indians minor leaguer Dillon Howard, who was Cleveland’s second-round pick in 2011, has been suspended 50 games for violating the drug policy.
Howard signed for significantly over the slot recommended bonus at $1.85 million and then had a miserable professional debut last season in rookie-ball, going 1-7 with a 7.90 ERA in 41 innings. He’s yet to pitch this season.
Heading into last season Howard rated as the Indians’ second-best prospect according to Baseball America, but he fell at the way to 25th on BA‘s list this year.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 14
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)