Jun 28, 2013, 5:35 PM EDT
Indians minor leaguer Dillon Howard, who was Cleveland’s second-round pick in 2011, has been suspended 50 games for violating the drug policy.
Howard signed for significantly over the slot recommended bonus at $1.85 million and then had a miserable professional debut last season in rookie-ball, going 1-7 with a 7.90 ERA in 41 innings. He’s yet to pitch this season.
Heading into last season Howard rated as the Indians’ second-best prospect according to Baseball America, but he fell at the way to 25th on BA‘s list this year.
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 24
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 41
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 57
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 105
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (105)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)