Jun 28, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
Beckett was shut down after experiencing numbness in his pitching hand and hasn’t been right since spring training, going 0-5 with a 5.19 ERA in eight starts before the DL stint.
Beckett was very good down the stretch for the Dodgers last season after they acquired him from the Red Sox, throwing 43 innings with a 2.93 ERA and 38/14 K/BB ratio, but now his future is very much in question and he’s still owed $15.75 million for 2014.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 32
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 146
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 376
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (376)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)