Jun 28, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
Beckett was shut down after experiencing numbness in his pitching hand and hasn’t been right since spring training, going 0-5 with a 5.19 ERA in eight starts before the DL stint.
Beckett was very good down the stretch for the Dodgers last season after they acquired him from the Red Sox, throwing 43 innings with a 2.93 ERA and 38/14 K/BB ratio, but now his future is very much in question and he’s still owed $15.75 million for 2014.
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 35
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 24
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 51
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (88)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)