Jun 28, 2013, 4:41 PM EDT
Paul Konerko has been out of action since last Sunday. And he’s going to be out a while longer:
Konerko said Sunday is earliest he’d likely play. Had six injections in his back today, MRI on Thursday.
— Dan Hayes (@DanHayesCSN) June 28, 2013
The Sox have had two days off this week so he’s had the time to rest, but he can’t really go much longer before Chicago needs to make a roster move. Even team institutions can constitute dead roster weight after a while.
For the year he’s .253/.319/.373 with only seven homers. Gotta wonder if 2013 is the end of the line for him.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 21
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)