Jun 28, 2013, 4:41 PM EDT
Paul Konerko has been out of action since last Sunday. And he’s going to be out a while longer:
Konerko said Sunday is earliest he’d likely play. Had six injections in his back today, MRI on Thursday.
— Dan Hayes (@DanHayesCSN) June 28, 2013
The Sox have had two days off this week so he’s had the time to rest, but he can’t really go much longer before Chicago needs to make a roster move. Even team institutions can constitute dead roster weight after a while.
For the year he’s .253/.319/.373 with only seven homers. Gotta wonder if 2013 is the end of the line for him.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)