Jun 28, 2013, 4:41 PM EDT
Paul Konerko has been out of action since last Sunday. And he’s going to be out a while longer:
Konerko said Sunday is earliest he’d likely play. Had six injections in his back today, MRI on Thursday.
— Dan Hayes (@DanHayesCSN) June 28, 2013
The Sox have had two days off this week so he’s had the time to rest, but he can’t really go much longer before Chicago needs to make a roster move. Even team institutions can constitute dead roster weight after a while.
For the year he’s .253/.319/.373 with only seven homers. Gotta wonder if 2013 is the end of the line for him.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (218)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)