Jun 28, 2013, 4:41 PM EST
Paul Konerko has been out of action since last Sunday. And he’s going to be out a while longer:
Konerko said Sunday is earliest he’d likely play. Had six injections in his back today, MRI on Thursday.
— Dan Hayes (@DanHayesCSN) June 28, 2013
The Sox have had two days off this week so he’s had the time to rest, but he can’t really go much longer before Chicago needs to make a roster move. Even team institutions can constitute dead roster weight after a while.
For the year he’s .253/.319/.373 with only seven homers. Gotta wonder if 2013 is the end of the line for him.
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 64
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 32
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (93)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)