Jun 28, 2013, 4:41 PM EDT
Paul Konerko has been out of action since last Sunday. And he’s going to be out a while longer:
Konerko said Sunday is earliest he’d likely play. Had six injections in his back today, MRI on Thursday.
— Dan Hayes (@DanHayesCSN) June 28, 2013
The Sox have had two days off this week so he’s had the time to rest, but he can’t really go much longer before Chicago needs to make a roster move. Even team institutions can constitute dead roster weight after a while.
For the year he’s .253/.319/.373 with only seven homers. Gotta wonder if 2013 is the end of the line for him.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 13
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 217
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 140
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (229)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (140)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)