Jun 28, 2013, 9:43 AM EST
He could be a little easier on himself and note that he didn’t walk the leadoff hitter in the seventh inning and that Yasiel Puig is a really damn good player who hit a pitch that was really a ball for the go-ahead runs.
But Ryan Howard did ground into a double play when he swung at a bad pitch with a 3-0 count, killing a rally, and he did mess up in the seventh inning when he fell down while trying to field a bunt. And after the game he said it was all on him. Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reports:
“I take full responsibility,” he said. “I’ve got to be better than that … Those are two plays, two key moments that changed the flow of the game,” Howard said. “It sucks. I’m upset I didn’t make that play. I slipped and I cost my team the game … I have to do a better job.”
Howard is in an 0-for-16 run at the moment and certainly didn’t distinguish himself last night. But it’s a pretty stand-up way to handle failure after a game.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)