Jun 28, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
The Detroit Tigers grand bullpen experiment continues:
Prior to today’s game the #Tigers will recall Bruce Rondon from AAA Toledo. A corresponding move will be announced later.
— Detroit Tigers (@tigers) June 28, 2013
Rondon pitched three games for the Tigers earlier this season. He’s pitched in 30 games in Toledo, posting a 1.52 ERA while striking out 40 batters in 29.2 innings and walking 13. He has 14 saves.
He throws a gabillion miles an hour, but that fastball is often pretty straight and he walked a lot of guys while getting prime-time auditions in spring training and in those three games in the bigs this year.
Still: it ain’t Valverde. And he’s the best arm they have in the system.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (85)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)