Jun 28, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
The Detroit Tigers grand bullpen experiment continues:
Prior to today’s game the #Tigers will recall Bruce Rondon from AAA Toledo. A corresponding move will be announced later.
— Detroit Tigers (@tigers) June 28, 2013
Rondon pitched three games for the Tigers earlier this season. He’s pitched in 30 games in Toledo, posting a 1.52 ERA while striking out 40 batters in 29.2 innings and walking 13. He has 14 saves.
He throws a gabillion miles an hour, but that fastball is often pretty straight and he walked a lot of guys while getting prime-time auditions in spring training and in those three games in the bigs this year.
Still: it ain’t Valverde. And he’s the best arm they have in the system.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 21
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 12
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 20
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 72
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)