Jun 28, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
The Detroit Tigers grand bullpen experiment continues:
Prior to today’s game the #Tigers will recall Bruce Rondon from AAA Toledo. A corresponding move will be announced later.
— Detroit Tigers (@tigers) June 28, 2013
Rondon pitched three games for the Tigers earlier this season. He’s pitched in 30 games in Toledo, posting a 1.52 ERA while striking out 40 batters in 29.2 innings and walking 13. He has 14 saves.
He throws a gabillion miles an hour, but that fastball is often pretty straight and he walked a lot of guys while getting prime-time auditions in spring training and in those three games in the bigs this year.
Still: it ain’t Valverde. And he’s the best arm they have in the system.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 42
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 36
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 87
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 17
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)