Jun 28, 2013, 1:30 PM EST
The Detroit Tigers grand bullpen experiment continues:
Prior to today’s game the #Tigers will recall Bruce Rondon from AAA Toledo. A corresponding move will be announced later.
— Detroit Tigers (@tigers) June 28, 2013
Rondon pitched three games for the Tigers earlier this season. He’s pitched in 30 games in Toledo, posting a 1.52 ERA while striking out 40 batters in 29.2 innings and walking 13. He has 14 saves.
He throws a gabillion miles an hour, but that fastball is often pretty straight and he walked a lot of guys while getting prime-time auditions in spring training and in those three games in the bigs this year.
Still: it ain’t Valverde. And he’s the best arm they have in the system.
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 148
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 67
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (148)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)