Jun 28, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
The Detroit Tigers grand bullpen experiment continues:
Prior to today’s game the #Tigers will recall Bruce Rondon from AAA Toledo. A corresponding move will be announced later.
— Detroit Tigers (@tigers) June 28, 2013
Rondon pitched three games for the Tigers earlier this season. He’s pitched in 30 games in Toledo, posting a 1.52 ERA while striking out 40 batters in 29.2 innings and walking 13. He has 14 saves.
He throws a gabillion miles an hour, but that fastball is often pretty straight and he walked a lot of guys while getting prime-time auditions in spring training and in those three games in the bigs this year.
Still: it ain’t Valverde. And he’s the best arm they have in the system.
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 9
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 18
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 35
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 18
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)
- Bud Selig says A-Rod will “have a clean slate” once his suspension is over (78)