Jun 28, 2013, 3:32 PM EST
The Miami Marlins’normal fans-to-superfans ratio has to be the lowest in the game, right? From the Miami Herald:
Inside a nearly empty Marlins Ballpark, an endangered species stirs to life.
They roam Marlins Park clad in bright orange jerseys, caps, even team pins and earrings. They wave flags, have baseball mitts at the ready, and come with offerings of cupcakes.
These are the fans who come out night after night to cheer on a team in a new home that most have abandoned after only a year.
And they do it for one reason: Loyalty.
It’s a profile of some Marlins fanatics. Who, in addition to loyalty, have to be getting some hipster I-was-into-them-before-they-were-big jollies out of this too, right?
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)