Jun 29, 2013, 12:01 PM EDT
Crawford has been sidelined since June 1 with a strained left hamstring. The 31-year-old is slated to play two games as designated hitter and two in the outfield, so there’s a chance he could rejoin the Dodgers as soon as next Thursday if all goes well.
With Matt Kemp, Yasiel Puig, and Andre Ethier already in the outfield, something will have to give once Crawford is back to full health. Puig isn’t going anywhere at this point, so many believe Ethier will be the odd man out.
Crawford is batting .301/.358/.470 with 18 extra-base hits (five home runs), 13 RBI, and nine stolen bases in 51 games this season.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8