Jun 29, 2013, 12:01 PM EDT
Crawford has been sidelined since June 1 with a strained left hamstring. The 31-year-old is slated to play two games as designated hitter and two in the outfield, so there’s a chance he could rejoin the Dodgers as soon as next Thursday if all goes well.
With Matt Kemp, Yasiel Puig, and Andre Ethier already in the outfield, something will have to give once Crawford is back to full health. Puig isn’t going anywhere at this point, so many believe Ethier will be the odd man out.
Crawford is batting .301/.358/.470 with 18 extra-base hits (five home runs), 13 RBI, and nine stolen bases in 51 games this season.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)