Jun 29, 2013, 12:01 PM EDT
Crawford has been sidelined since June 1 with a strained left hamstring. The 31-year-old is slated to play two games as designated hitter and two in the outfield, so there’s a chance he could rejoin the Dodgers as soon as next Thursday if all goes well.
With Matt Kemp, Yasiel Puig, and Andre Ethier already in the outfield, something will have to give once Crawford is back to full health. Puig isn’t going anywhere at this point, so many believe Ethier will be the odd man out.
Crawford is batting .301/.358/.470 with 18 extra-base hits (five home runs), 13 RBI, and nine stolen bases in 51 games this season.
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 7
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 196
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 93
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 30
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (199)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (93)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (84)