Jun 29, 2013, 9:35 PM EDT
If it weren’t for Miguel Cabrera, Chris Davis would have been all we’d have talked about this season. The Orioles first baseman’s ridiculous season continued tonight as he mashed two home runs: a three-run shot in the bottom of the first off of Yankees starter David Phelps, and a two-run shot in the bottom of the seventh against Ivan Nova. He now sits on 30 home runs with a .333 average and 79 RBI.
Entering July most years, that’s set up well for a run at the Triple Crown, but Miguel Cabrera has other ideas as he leads baseball with a .377 average and 81 RBI. Cabrera, you may remember, became the first player to win the Triple Crown in 45 years in 2012.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)