Jun 29, 2013, 9:35 PM EST
If it weren’t for Miguel Cabrera, Chris Davis would have been all we’d have talked about this season. The Orioles first baseman’s ridiculous season continued tonight as he mashed two home runs: a three-run shot in the bottom of the first off of Yankees starter David Phelps, and a two-run shot in the bottom of the seventh against Ivan Nova. He now sits on 30 home runs with a .333 average and 79 RBI.
Entering July most years, that’s set up well for a run at the Triple Crown, but Miguel Cabrera has other ideas as he leads baseball with a .377 average and 81 RBI. Cabrera, you may remember, became the first player to win the Triple Crown in 45 years in 2012.
- Keith Law Ranks the Farm Systems: Yay for Chicago! Boo for Detroit! 0
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 153
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (153)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)