Jun 29, 2013, 9:35 PM EST
If it weren’t for Miguel Cabrera, Chris Davis would have been all we’d have talked about this season. The Orioles first baseman’s ridiculous season continued tonight as he mashed two home runs: a three-run shot in the bottom of the first off of Yankees starter David Phelps, and a two-run shot in the bottom of the seventh against Ivan Nova. He now sits on 30 home runs with a .333 average and 79 RBI.
Entering July most years, that’s set up well for a run at the Triple Crown, but Miguel Cabrera has other ideas as he leads baseball with a .377 average and 81 RBI. Cabrera, you may remember, became the first player to win the Triple Crown in 45 years in 2012.
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 4
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 133
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 42
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 371
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (371)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (135)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (88)