Jun 29, 2013, 6:45 PM EDT
Athletics starter Jarrod Parker had to leave this afternoon’s game against the Cardinals in the fourth inning after surrendering a two-out double to Allen Craig. As Parker followed through on the pitch, he crumpled to the ground, clutching at his right leg. CSN Bay Area’s Nate Stuhlbarg is reporting that the right-hander suffered a hamstring injury.
Parker, entering today’s game with a 4.27 ERA over 16 starts, had held the Cardinals scoreless, but reliever Jesse Chavez allowed two runs in the fifth and put runners on first and third with no outs before being replaced by Jerry Blevins in the sixth. Both runners would come around to score as Blevins opened the floodgates for the Cardinals as they hung up a four-spot.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 8
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 22
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 34
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)