Jun 29, 2013, 6:45 PM EDT
Athletics starter Jarrod Parker had to leave this afternoon’s game against the Cardinals in the fourth inning after surrendering a two-out double to Allen Craig. As Parker followed through on the pitch, he crumpled to the ground, clutching at his right leg. CSN Bay Area’s Nate Stuhlbarg is reporting that the right-hander suffered a hamstring injury.
Parker, entering today’s game with a 4.27 ERA over 16 starts, had held the Cardinals scoreless, but reliever Jesse Chavez allowed two runs in the fifth and put runners on first and third with no outs before being replaced by Jerry Blevins in the sixth. Both runners would come around to score as Blevins opened the floodgates for the Cardinals as they hung up a four-spot.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (104)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)