Jun 29, 2013, 6:45 PM EDT
Athletics starter Jarrod Parker had to leave this afternoon’s game against the Cardinals in the fourth inning after surrendering a two-out double to Allen Craig. As Parker followed through on the pitch, he crumpled to the ground, clutching at his right leg. CSN Bay Area’s Nate Stuhlbarg is reporting that the right-hander suffered a hamstring injury.
Parker, entering today’s game with a 4.27 ERA over 16 starts, had held the Cardinals scoreless, but reliever Jesse Chavez allowed two runs in the fifth and put runners on first and third with no outs before being replaced by Jerry Blevins in the sixth. Both runners would come around to score as Blevins opened the floodgates for the Cardinals as they hung up a four-spot.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 118
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 156
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 22
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 56
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (173)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (167)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (157)