Jun 29, 2013, 6:45 PM EST
Athletics starter Jarrod Parker had to leave this afternoon’s game against the Cardinals in the fourth inning after surrendering a two-out double to Allen Craig. As Parker followed through on the pitch, he crumpled to the ground, clutching at his right leg. CSN Bay Area’s Nate Stuhlbarg is reporting that the right-hander suffered a hamstring injury.
Parker, entering today’s game with a 4.27 ERA over 16 starts, had held the Cardinals scoreless, but reliever Jesse Chavez allowed two runs in the fifth and put runners on first and third with no outs before being replaced by Jerry Blevins in the sixth. Both runners would come around to score as Blevins opened the floodgates for the Cardinals as they hung up a four-spot.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 48
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)