Jun 29, 2013, 6:05 PM EST
Rockies outfielder Michael Cuddyer extended his hitting streak to 26 games with a two-out RBI single to center off of Giants starter Matt Cain this afternoon. As it stands at the time of this writing, it has accounted for the Rockies’ only run as the two teams are locked at one run apiece in the sixth inning. The single also extended Cuddyer’s consecutive on-base streak to 45 games.
As mentioned yesterday, Cuddyer has been the best-hitting outfielder in baseball through the first three months and should earn a spot on the NL All-Star roster despite receiving virtually no press.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 10
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 44
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (92)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)