Jun 29, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
Rockies outfielder Michael Cuddyer extended his hitting streak to 26 games with a two-out RBI single to center off of Giants starter Matt Cain this afternoon. As it stands at the time of this writing, it has accounted for the Rockies’ only run as the two teams are locked at one run apiece in the sixth inning. The single also extended Cuddyer’s consecutive on-base streak to 45 games.
As mentioned yesterday, Cuddyer has been the best-hitting outfielder in baseball through the first three months and should earn a spot on the NL All-Star roster despite receiving virtually no press.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 52
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)