Jun 29, 2013, 6:05 PM EST
Rockies outfielder Michael Cuddyer extended his hitting streak to 26 games with a two-out RBI single to center off of Giants starter Matt Cain this afternoon. As it stands at the time of this writing, it has accounted for the Rockies’ only run as the two teams are locked at one run apiece in the sixth inning. The single also extended Cuddyer’s consecutive on-base streak to 45 games.
As mentioned yesterday, Cuddyer has been the best-hitting outfielder in baseball through the first three months and should earn a spot on the NL All-Star roster despite receiving virtually no press.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)