Jun 29, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
Rockies outfielder Michael Cuddyer extended his hitting streak to 26 games with a two-out RBI single to center off of Giants starter Matt Cain this afternoon. As it stands at the time of this writing, it has accounted for the Rockies’ only run as the two teams are locked at one run apiece in the sixth inning. The single also extended Cuddyer’s consecutive on-base streak to 45 games.
As mentioned yesterday, Cuddyer has been the best-hitting outfielder in baseball through the first three months and should earn a spot on the NL All-Star roster despite receiving virtually no press.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20