Jun 29, 2013, 11:15 PM EDT
Say what you will about Josh Hamilton‘s production this year, and it will all be warranted. In the first year of a five-year, $125 million contract signed during the off-season, Hamilton has posted an uncharacteristic .659 OPS and has rated as one of baseball’s least-valuable players through the first three months of the season.
In the bottom of the seventh against the Astros this afternoon, though, he leaped for and snagged a Matt Dominguez fly ball that was destined for the seats in right field at Minute Maid Park. You have to give credit where credit is due on this fantastic play. Now if only he can get the bat in order.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 54
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 66
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 80
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)