Jun 29, 2013, 11:15 PM EST
Say what you will about Josh Hamilton‘s production this year, and it will all be warranted. In the first year of a five-year, $125 million contract signed during the off-season, Hamilton has posted an uncharacteristic .659 OPS and has rated as one of baseball’s least-valuable players through the first three months of the season.
In the bottom of the seventh against the Astros this afternoon, though, he leaped for and snagged a Matt Dominguez fly ball that was destined for the seats in right field at Minute Maid Park. You have to give credit where credit is due on this fantastic play. Now if only he can get the bat in order.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (361)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (77)