Jun 29, 2013, 10:06 AM EDT
Tigers slugger Prince Fielder hit a doozy of a home run last night at Tropicana Field. Facing Rays left-hander Cesar Ramos in the top of the eighth inning, he turned on one and launched it off the catwalk in right field.
Now that’s a moonshot. Chris Iott of MLive.com notes that Fielder is the first player to hit the C-ring catwalk at Tropicana Field since Baltimore’s Chris Davis did it last October 1. The official estimate on Fielder’s blast is 414 feet, which makes you wonder where it would have ended up if the catwalk didn’t get in the way. Miguel Cabrera has one guess.
- Cubs to acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 1
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)