Jun 29, 2013, 10:06 AM EDT
Tigers slugger Prince Fielder hit a doozy of a home run last night at Tropicana Field. Facing Rays left-hander Cesar Ramos in the top of the eighth inning, he turned on one and launched it off the catwalk in right field.
Now that’s a moonshot. Chris Iott of MLive.com notes that Fielder is the first player to hit the C-ring catwalk at Tropicana Field since Baltimore’s Chris Davis did it last October 1. The official estimate on Fielder’s blast is 414 feet, which makes you wonder where it would have ended up if the catwalk didn’t get in the way. Miguel Cabrera has one guess.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 21
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)