Jun 29, 2013, 10:06 AM EDT
Tigers slugger Prince Fielder hit a doozy of a home run last night at Tropicana Field. Facing Rays left-hander Cesar Ramos in the top of the eighth inning, he turned on one and launched it off the catwalk in right field.
Now that’s a moonshot. Chris Iott of MLive.com notes that Fielder is the first player to hit the C-ring catwalk at Tropicana Field since Baltimore’s Chris Davis did it last October 1. The official estimate on Fielder’s blast is 414 feet, which makes you wonder where it would have ended up if the catwalk didn’t get in the way. Miguel Cabrera has one guess.
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 29
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 8
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 20
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15