Jun 29, 2013, 5:02 PM EST
Winners of seven straight, the Pirates currently have the best record in the majors at 49-30. But not everything is going their way.
Tom Singer of MLB.com reports that Wandy Rodriguez has been shut down after he felt lingering tightness in his left forearm during his most recent throwing session. Rodriguez, who landed on the disabled list earlier this month, allowed one run in four innings during his first rehab start last Sunday with Triple-A Indianapolis and was slated to make his next outing on Monday. That obviously won’t happen now.
Rodriguez, 34, has a 3.59 ERA and 46/12 K/BB ratio in 62 2/3 innings over 12 starts this season. With A.J. Burnett still working his way back from a calf strain, it looks like we can put the talk of sending Gerrit Cole to the minors to rest for at least a little while.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)