Jun 29, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
Winners of seven straight, the Pirates currently have the best record in the majors at 49-30. But not everything is going their way.
Tom Singer of MLB.com reports that Wandy Rodriguez has been shut down after he felt lingering tightness in his left forearm during his most recent throwing session. Rodriguez, who landed on the disabled list earlier this month, allowed one run in four innings during his first rehab start last Sunday with Triple-A Indianapolis and was slated to make his next outing on Monday. That obviously won’t happen now.
Rodriguez, 34, has a 3.59 ERA and 46/12 K/BB ratio in 62 2/3 innings over 12 starts this season. With A.J. Burnett still working his way back from a calf strain, it looks like we can put the talk of sending Gerrit Cole to the minors to rest for at least a little while.
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 34
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 14
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 31
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)