Jun 29, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
Winners of seven straight, the Pirates currently have the best record in the majors at 49-30. But not everything is going their way.
Tom Singer of MLB.com reports that Wandy Rodriguez has been shut down after he felt lingering tightness in his left forearm during his most recent throwing session. Rodriguez, who landed on the disabled list earlier this month, allowed one run in four innings during his first rehab start last Sunday with Triple-A Indianapolis and was slated to make his next outing on Monday. That obviously won’t happen now.
Rodriguez, 34, has a 3.59 ERA and 46/12 K/BB ratio in 62 2/3 innings over 12 starts this season. With A.J. Burnett still working his way back from a calf strain, it looks like we can put the talk of sending Gerrit Cole to the minors to rest for at least a little while.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 93
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 51
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (93)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)