Jun 29, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
Winners of seven straight, the Pirates currently have the best record in the majors at 49-30. But not everything is going their way.
Tom Singer of MLB.com reports that Wandy Rodriguez has been shut down after he felt lingering tightness in his left forearm during his most recent throwing session. Rodriguez, who landed on the disabled list earlier this month, allowed one run in four innings during his first rehab start last Sunday with Triple-A Indianapolis and was slated to make his next outing on Monday. That obviously won’t happen now.
Rodriguez, 34, has a 3.59 ERA and 46/12 K/BB ratio in 62 2/3 innings over 12 starts this season. With A.J. Burnett still working his way back from a calf strain, it looks like we can put the talk of sending Gerrit Cole to the minors to rest for at least a little while.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)