Jun 30, 2013, 12:40 PM EDT
Bryce Harper will be back in the bigs on Monday.
According to James Wagner of the Washington Post, the 20-year-old outfielder played in his final minor league rehab game on Saturday evening at Double-A Bowie. He finished 0-for-3 with a walk and two strikeouts but was 4-for-11 with a homer, a triple, a double and three RBI over four total rehab games.
“The knee has felt good,” Harper told the Post after Saturday’s game. “Swelling a little but not anything we should be scared about or anything like that.”
Harper has been on the 15-day disabled list since May 27 because of bursitis in his left knee. He was batting .287/.386/.587 with 12 home runs, one triple, seven doubles and 23 RBI in 178 plate appearances before going down.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 7
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 19
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 48
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 26
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 11
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 33
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)