Jun 30, 2013, 12:40 PM EDT
Bryce Harper will be back in the bigs on Monday.
According to James Wagner of the Washington Post, the 20-year-old outfielder played in his final minor league rehab game on Saturday evening at Double-A Bowie. He finished 0-for-3 with a walk and two strikeouts but was 4-for-11 with a homer, a triple, a double and three RBI over four total rehab games.
“The knee has felt good,” Harper told the Post after Saturday’s game. “Swelling a little but not anything we should be scared about or anything like that.”
Harper has been on the 15-day disabled list since May 27 because of bursitis in his left knee. He was batting .287/.386/.587 with 12 home runs, one triple, seven doubles and 23 RBI in 178 plate appearances before going down.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)