Jun 30, 2013, 12:40 PM EDT
Bryce Harper will be back in the bigs on Monday.
According to James Wagner of the Washington Post, the 20-year-old outfielder played in his final minor league rehab game on Saturday evening at Double-A Bowie. He finished 0-for-3 with a walk and two strikeouts but was 4-for-11 with a homer, a triple, a double and three RBI over four total rehab games.
“The knee has felt good,” Harper told the Post after Saturday’s game. “Swelling a little but not anything we should be scared about or anything like that.”
Harper has been on the 15-day disabled list since May 27 because of bursitis in his left knee. He was batting .287/.386/.587 with 12 home runs, one triple, seven doubles and 23 RBI in 178 plate appearances before going down.
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 0
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 54
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)