Jun 30, 2013, 9:34 AM EST
Hanley Ramirez is the hottest hitter on the planet.
The shortstop went 3-for-4 with a home run and three total RBI in the Dodgers’ 4-3 win over the Phillies on Saturday night in Los Angeles and is now batting .383/.424/.700 in 66 plate appearances since his return on June 4 from a severe hamstring strain.
And the numbers are even better if you zoom in.
Ramirez has 20 hits — five home runs and three doubles — in his last 44 plate appearances for a batting line of .500/.545/.950. He has also stolen two bases and scored 10 runs in that 12-game span.
The Dodgers are six games under .500 and own a putrid -51 run differential, but they’re only five games back of the Diamondbacks in the National League West standings. That division is up for grabs.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 214
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (206)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)