Jun 30, 2013, 9:34 AM EDT
Hanley Ramirez is the hottest hitter on the planet.
The shortstop went 3-for-4 with a home run and three total RBI in the Dodgers’ 4-3 win over the Phillies on Saturday night in Los Angeles and is now batting .383/.424/.700 in 66 plate appearances since his return on June 4 from a severe hamstring strain.
And the numbers are even better if you zoom in.
Ramirez has 20 hits — five home runs and three doubles — in his last 44 plate appearances for a batting line of .500/.545/.950. He has also stolen two bases and scored 10 runs in that 12-game span.
The Dodgers are six games under .500 and own a putrid -51 run differential, but they’re only five games back of the Diamondbacks in the National League West standings. That division is up for grabs.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)