Jun 30, 2013, 9:34 AM EDT
Hanley Ramirez is the hottest hitter on the planet.
The shortstop went 3-for-4 with a home run and three total RBI in the Dodgers’ 4-3 win over the Phillies on Saturday night in Los Angeles and is now batting .383/.424/.700 in 66 plate appearances since his return on June 4 from a severe hamstring strain.
And the numbers are even better if you zoom in.
Ramirez has 20 hits — five home runs and three doubles — in his last 44 plate appearances for a batting line of .500/.545/.950. He has also stolen two bases and scored 10 runs in that 12-game span.
The Dodgers are six games under .500 and own a putrid -51 run differential, but they’re only five games back of the Diamondbacks in the National League West standings. That division is up for grabs.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 0
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 43
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 86
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)