Jun 30, 2013, 1:26 PM EDT
From Brian T. Smith of the Houston Chronicle comes word that the Astros have placed outfielder Justin Maxwell on the 7-day concussion disabled list. Jimmy Paredes was recalled from Triple-A Oklahoma City in a corresponding roster move.
Maxwell has been experiencing headaches and other post-concussion symptoms since banging his head on the right field grass at Minute Maid Park while attempting to complete a diving catch last week against the Cardinals. He’s been prescribed rest.
Maxwell is batting .235/.306/.367 with one home run and six RBI in 28 games this season for the last-place ‘Stros. The 29-year-old missed all of May and a good chunk of June after suffering a non-displaced fracture in his left hand on a late-April hit-by-pitch.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 3
- Who really owns a home run ball? 58
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 125
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Remembering David Letterman’s best sports moments 11
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (125)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)