Jun 30, 2013, 1:26 PM EST
From Brian T. Smith of the Houston Chronicle comes word that the Astros have placed outfielder Justin Maxwell on the 7-day concussion disabled list. Jimmy Paredes was recalled from Triple-A Oklahoma City in a corresponding roster move.
Maxwell has been experiencing headaches and other post-concussion symptoms since banging his head on the right field grass at Minute Maid Park while attempting to complete a diving catch last week against the Cardinals. He’s been prescribed rest.
Maxwell is batting .235/.306/.367 with one home run and six RBI in 28 games this season for the last-place ‘Stros. The 29-year-old missed all of May and a good chunk of June after suffering a non-displaced fracture in his left hand on a late-April hit-by-pitch.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (223)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)