Jun 30, 2013, 1:26 PM EDT
From Brian T. Smith of the Houston Chronicle comes word that the Astros have placed outfielder Justin Maxwell on the 7-day concussion disabled list. Jimmy Paredes was recalled from Triple-A Oklahoma City in a corresponding roster move.
Maxwell has been experiencing headaches and other post-concussion symptoms since banging his head on the right field grass at Minute Maid Park while attempting to complete a diving catch last week against the Cardinals. He’s been prescribed rest.
Maxwell is batting .235/.306/.367 with one home run and six RBI in 28 games this season for the last-place ‘Stros. The 29-year-old missed all of May and a good chunk of June after suffering a non-displaced fracture in his left hand on a late-April hit-by-pitch.
- Michael Wacha to make first rehab start Sunday with the Double-A Springfield Cardinals 0
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 20
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 11
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (90)