Jun 30, 2013, 1:26 PM EDT
From Brian T. Smith of the Houston Chronicle comes word that the Astros have placed outfielder Justin Maxwell on the 7-day concussion disabled list. Jimmy Paredes was recalled from Triple-A Oklahoma City in a corresponding roster move.
Maxwell has been experiencing headaches and other post-concussion symptoms since banging his head on the right field grass at Minute Maid Park while attempting to complete a diving catch last week against the Cardinals. He’s been prescribed rest.
Maxwell is batting .235/.306/.367 with one home run and six RBI in 28 games this season for the last-place ‘Stros. The 29-year-old missed all of May and a good chunk of June after suffering a non-displaced fracture in his left hand on a late-April hit-by-pitch.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 22
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 42
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 63
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 75
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 92
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)