Jun 30, 2013, 1:26 PM EDT
From Brian T. Smith of the Houston Chronicle comes word that the Astros have placed outfielder Justin Maxwell on the 7-day concussion disabled list. Jimmy Paredes was recalled from Triple-A Oklahoma City in a corresponding roster move.
Maxwell has been experiencing headaches and other post-concussion symptoms since banging his head on the right field grass at Minute Maid Park while attempting to complete a diving catch last week against the Cardinals. He’s been prescribed rest.
Maxwell is batting .235/.306/.367 with one home run and six RBI in 28 games this season for the last-place ‘Stros. The 29-year-old missed all of May and a good chunk of June after suffering a non-displaced fracture in his left hand on a late-April hit-by-pitch.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 7
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 133
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39