Jun 30, 2013, 7:55 PM EDT
Down to his last at-bat in this afternoon’s game against the Giants, Michael Cuddyer extended his club record hitting streak to 27 games and his club record on-base streak to 46 games. With his team down four runs, the Rockies outfielder singled with two outs and the bases empty against Giants reliever Sandy Rosario. He would come around to score on a double by Wilin Rosario.
Though Cuddyer has had a remarkably good month of June, it would be surprising to see him take home NL Player of the Month honors from Yasiel Puig.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 5
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 26
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 206
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (207)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)