Jun 30, 2013, 7:55 PM EDT
Down to his last at-bat in this afternoon’s game against the Giants, Michael Cuddyer extended his club record hitting streak to 27 games and his club record on-base streak to 46 games. With his team down four runs, the Rockies outfielder singled with two outs and the bases empty against Giants reliever Sandy Rosario. He would come around to score on a double by Wilin Rosario.
Though Cuddyer has had a remarkably good month of June, it would be surprising to see him take home NL Player of the Month honors from Yasiel Puig.
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 0
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 46
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)