Jun 30, 2013, 7:55 PM EDT
Down to his last at-bat in this afternoon’s game against the Giants, Michael Cuddyer extended his club record hitting streak to 27 games and his club record on-base streak to 46 games. With his team down four runs, the Rockies outfielder singled with two outs and the bases empty against Giants reliever Sandy Rosario. He would come around to score on a double by Wilin Rosario.
Though Cuddyer has had a remarkably good month of June, it would be surprising to see him take home NL Player of the Month honors from Yasiel Puig.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)