Jun 30, 2013, 6:45 PM EST
Per the team’s official Twitter, the Orioles designated right-hander Jair Jurrjens for assignment to make room for second baseman Brian Roberts. Roberts had been sidelined since April 5 with a right hamstring injury. The last four years have been a struggle for Roberts, as he has appeared in just 118 games over the last four seasons, including just 20 between 2012-13.
The Orioles signed Jurrjens to a Minor League deal back in February and he spent a majority of the year with Triple-A Norfolk. In 84.1 innings, he posted a 4.06 ERA. In 7.1 innings at the Major League level, he contributed a 4.91 ERA.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (227)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)