Jun 30, 2013, 6:45 PM EST
Per the team’s official Twitter, the Orioles designated right-hander Jair Jurrjens for assignment to make room for second baseman Brian Roberts. Roberts had been sidelined since April 5 with a right hamstring injury. The last four years have been a struggle for Roberts, as he has appeared in just 118 games over the last four seasons, including just 20 between 2012-13.
The Orioles signed Jurrjens to a Minor League deal back in February and he spent a majority of the year with Triple-A Norfolk. In 84.1 innings, he posted a 4.06 ERA. In 7.1 innings at the Major League level, he contributed a 4.91 ERA.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 7
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 54
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 68
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 57
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)