Jun 30, 2013, 6:45 PM EDT
Per the team’s official Twitter, the Orioles designated right-hander Jair Jurrjens for assignment to make room for second baseman Brian Roberts. Roberts had been sidelined since April 5 with a right hamstring injury. The last four years have been a struggle for Roberts, as he has appeared in just 118 games over the last four seasons, including just 20 between 2012-13.
The Orioles signed Jurrjens to a Minor League deal back in February and he spent a majority of the year with Triple-A Norfolk. In 84.1 innings, he posted a 4.06 ERA. In 7.1 innings at the Major League level, he contributed a 4.91 ERA.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 62
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 8
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 215
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (215)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)