Jun 30, 2013, 6:45 PM EDT
Per the team’s official Twitter, the Orioles designated right-hander Jair Jurrjens for assignment to make room for second baseman Brian Roberts. Roberts had been sidelined since April 5 with a right hamstring injury. The last four years have been a struggle for Roberts, as he has appeared in just 118 games over the last four seasons, including just 20 between 2012-13.
The Orioles signed Jurrjens to a Minor League deal back in February and he spent a majority of the year with Triple-A Norfolk. In 84.1 innings, he posted a 4.06 ERA. In 7.1 innings at the Major League level, he contributed a 4.91 ERA.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 101
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (101)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)