Jun 30, 2013, 6:45 PM EDT
Per the team’s official Twitter, the Orioles designated right-hander Jair Jurrjens for assignment to make room for second baseman Brian Roberts. Roberts had been sidelined since April 5 with a right hamstring injury. The last four years have been a struggle for Roberts, as he has appeared in just 118 games over the last four seasons, including just 20 between 2012-13.
The Orioles signed Jurrjens to a Minor League deal back in February and he spent a majority of the year with Triple-A Norfolk. In 84.1 innings, he posted a 4.06 ERA. In 7.1 innings at the Major League level, he contributed a 4.91 ERA.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)