Jun 30, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Bourjos suffered the injury Saturday when he was hit on the wrist by a Jordan Lyles fastball. He’ll be placed on the disabled list at some point over the next couple of days to open up a 25-man roster spot.
The athletic 26-year-old has registered a promising .326/.385/.450 batting line in 147 plate appearances this season while serving as the Angels’ primary center fielder. Josh Hamilton is in center field on Sunday against the Astros with J.B. Shuck handling left field and Brad Hawpe in right. Mike Trout was given the day off because of a minor hamstring injury.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 0
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 16
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 50
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 62
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 30
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 93
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)