Jun 30, 2013, 3:45 PM EST
Bourjos suffered the injury Saturday when he was hit on the wrist by a Jordan Lyles fastball. He’ll be placed on the disabled list at some point over the next couple of days to open up a 25-man roster spot.
The athletic 26-year-old has registered a promising .326/.385/.450 batting line in 147 plate appearances this season while serving as the Angels’ primary center fielder. Josh Hamilton is in center field on Sunday against the Astros with J.B. Shuck handling left field and Brad Hawpe in right. Mike Trout was given the day off because of a minor hamstring injury.
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 4
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 160
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (160)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)