Jun 30, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Bourjos suffered the injury Saturday when he was hit on the wrist by a Jordan Lyles fastball. He’ll be placed on the disabled list at some point over the next couple of days to open up a 25-man roster spot.
The athletic 26-year-old has registered a promising .326/.385/.450 batting line in 147 plate appearances this season while serving as the Angels’ primary center fielder. Josh Hamilton is in center field on Sunday against the Astros with J.B. Shuck handling left field and Brad Hawpe in right. Mike Trout was given the day off because of a minor hamstring injury.
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 26
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)