Jun 30, 2013, 3:45 PM EST
Bourjos suffered the injury Saturday when he was hit on the wrist by a Jordan Lyles fastball. He’ll be placed on the disabled list at some point over the next couple of days to open up a 25-man roster spot.
The athletic 26-year-old has registered a promising .326/.385/.450 batting line in 147 plate appearances this season while serving as the Angels’ primary center fielder. Josh Hamilton is in center field on Sunday against the Astros with J.B. Shuck handling left field and Brad Hawpe in right. Mike Trout was given the day off because of a minor hamstring injury.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)