Jun 30, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Bourjos suffered the injury Saturday when he was hit on the wrist by a Jordan Lyles fastball. He’ll be placed on the disabled list at some point over the next couple of days to open up a 25-man roster spot.
The athletic 26-year-old has registered a promising .326/.385/.450 batting line in 147 plate appearances this season while serving as the Angels’ primary center fielder. Josh Hamilton is in center field on Sunday against the Astros with J.B. Shuck handling left field and Brad Hawpe in right. Mike Trout was given the day off because of a minor hamstring injury.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)