Jun 30, 2013, 10:00 PM EST
After defeating the Tigers 3-1 this afternoon, the Rays prepared to take a short four-day trip to Houston to play the Astros. Before departing, the Joe Maddon-led squad slipped into some themed attire, apparently dubbed “accidental preppie”.
As one of the more analytical managers in baseball, Maddon has certainly made his mark in that regard, but let’s not forget that he has brought a penguin into the clubhouse and hired a DJ recently as well, both arguably as important as in-game tactics. (I kid, I kid.)
- Grant Balfour’s deal with Orioles in “serious jeopardy” due to shoulder issue 13
- Report: Rakuten will not allow Masahiro Tanaka come to the United States 63
- Mariners showing “continued interest” in Ervin Santana 10
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! 89
- Dodgers re-sign left-handed reliever J.P. Howell to a two-year, $11.5 million contract 4