Jun 30, 2013, 11:53 AM EDT
As first reported by FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal, the Rockies have signed veteran outfielder Xavier Nady to a minor league deal. Nady had been playing for the Royals’ Triple-A affiliate in Omaha, Nebraska but he opted out of that contract early Sunday morning because he saw a better opportunity further west.
Nady was hitting .310/.382/.486 with 11 homers and 43 RBI in 70 games this season with Omaha. He will report to the Rockies’ Triple-A affiliate in Colorado Springs with the goal of eventually reaching Denver.
Nady batted just .184/.253/.316 in 166 plate appearances last year between the Nationals and Giants. The 34-year-old is a .270/.324/.432 career hitter in the major leagues.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 12
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 45
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 45
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 90
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)