Jun 30, 2013, 11:53 AM EST
As first reported by FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal, the Rockies have signed veteran outfielder Xavier Nady to a minor league deal. Nady had been playing for the Royals’ Triple-A affiliate in Omaha, Nebraska but he opted out of that contract early Sunday morning because he saw a better opportunity further west.
Nady was hitting .310/.382/.486 with 11 homers and 43 RBI in 70 games this season with Omaha. He will report to the Rockies’ Triple-A affiliate in Colorado Springs with the goal of eventually reaching Denver.
Nady batted just .184/.253/.316 in 166 plate appearances last year between the Nationals and Giants. The 34-year-old is a .270/.324/.432 career hitter in the major leagues.
- Mariners sign Corey Hart 23
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 33
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)