Jun 30, 2013, 11:53 AM EDT
As first reported by FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal, the Rockies have signed veteran outfielder Xavier Nady to a minor league deal. Nady had been playing for the Royals’ Triple-A affiliate in Omaha, Nebraska but he opted out of that contract early Sunday morning because he saw a better opportunity further west.
Nady was hitting .310/.382/.486 with 11 homers and 43 RBI in 70 games this season with Omaha. He will report to the Rockies’ Triple-A affiliate in Colorado Springs with the goal of eventually reaching Denver.
Nady batted just .184/.253/.316 in 166 plate appearances last year between the Nationals and Giants. The 34-year-old is a .270/.324/.432 career hitter in the major leagues.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 58
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 74
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 68
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (99)
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (95)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)