Jun 30, 2013, 2:10 PM EDT
Via Michael Hunt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel:
Leftfielder Ryan Braun, on the disabled list the last two weeks with a right hand injury, is scheduled to swing the bat again Tuesday in Washington.
Braun had been shut down from baseball activities while trying to allow the injury time to heal.
“Today was about as good as it’s been for him from one day to another, so that’s encouraging,” manager Ron Roenicke said Saturday. “We’ll see where he is.”
Braun has nerve issues in that injured thumb, so the Brewers are going to play this as safely as possible. Logan Schafer and Caleb Gindl have been splitting most of the available playing time in left field.
Braun was batting .304/.380/.509 with nine home runs and 36 RBI in 57 games before hitting the shelf on June 9. A potential Biogenesis-related suspension will continue to loom heavily over his rehab program.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 36
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 51
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 49
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11