Jun 30, 2013, 2:10 PM EDT
Via Michael Hunt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel:
Leftfielder Ryan Braun, on the disabled list the last two weeks with a right hand injury, is scheduled to swing the bat again Tuesday in Washington.
Braun had been shut down from baseball activities while trying to allow the injury time to heal.
“Today was about as good as it’s been for him from one day to another, so that’s encouraging,” manager Ron Roenicke said Saturday. “We’ll see where he is.”
Braun has nerve issues in that injured thumb, so the Brewers are going to play this as safely as possible. Logan Schafer and Caleb Gindl have been splitting most of the available playing time in left field.
Braun was batting .304/.380/.509 with nine home runs and 36 RBI in 57 games before hitting the shelf on June 9. A potential Biogenesis-related suspension will continue to loom heavily over his rehab program.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)