Jun 30, 2013, 2:10 PM EDT
Via Michael Hunt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel:
Leftfielder Ryan Braun, on the disabled list the last two weeks with a right hand injury, is scheduled to swing the bat again Tuesday in Washington.
Braun had been shut down from baseball activities while trying to allow the injury time to heal.
“Today was about as good as it’s been for him from one day to another, so that’s encouraging,” manager Ron Roenicke said Saturday. “We’ll see where he is.”
Braun has nerve issues in that injured thumb, so the Brewers are going to play this as safely as possible. Logan Schafer and Caleb Gindl have been splitting most of the available playing time in left field.
Braun was batting .304/.380/.509 with nine home runs and 36 RBI in 57 games before hitting the shelf on June 9. A potential Biogenesis-related suspension will continue to loom heavily over his rehab program.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)