Jun 30, 2013, 8:48 AM EST
The longest current winning streak in the majors belongs to the Pirates (at eight straight games).
The second-longest streak belongs to Anaheim.
Joe Blanton surrendered just three hits over seven innings and shortstop Erick Aybar went 2-for-5 with two RBI as the Angels defeated the Astros 7-2 on Saturday night in Houston for their fifth straight victory. The Angels are now 5-0 on their current road trip and can go 6-0 on a six-game road trip for the first time since 2002 if all goes well on Sunday.
The Angels are 38-43 with a +4 run differential — good for third place in the American League West.
Your Saturday recaps and box scores:
Cubs 5, Mariners 3 (11 innings)
Reds 6, Rangers 4 (11 innings)
Tigers 3, Rays 4 (10 innings)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 290
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (312)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)