Jun 30, 2013, 8:48 AM EDT
The longest current winning streak in the majors belongs to the Pirates (at eight straight games).
The second-longest streak belongs to Anaheim.
Joe Blanton surrendered just three hits over seven innings and shortstop Erick Aybar went 2-for-5 with two RBI as the Angels defeated the Astros 7-2 on Saturday night in Houston for their fifth straight victory. The Angels are now 5-0 on their current road trip and can go 6-0 on a six-game road trip for the first time since 2002 if all goes well on Sunday.
The Angels are 38-43 with a +4 run differential — good for third place in the American League West.
Your Saturday recaps and box scores:
Cubs 5, Mariners 3 (11 innings)
Reds 6, Rangers 4 (11 innings)
Tigers 3, Rays 4 (10 innings)
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 2
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 94
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (230)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)