Jul 1, 2013, 7:44 PM EDT
It didn’t take Bryce Harper very long to shake the rust after missing the past five weeks with left knee bursitis, as he connected for a solo home run in his first at-bat tonight against the Brewers. Now that’s how you return in style.
The home run was an opposite-field blast off Yovani Gallardo which just eked over the left field fence and nearly ended up in Sean Halton’s glove. After Harper rounded the bases and returned to the dugout, he received a curtain call from the energized home crowd at Nationals Park.
Halfway through the season, the Nationals haven’t been nearly what most of us thought they would be, but a healthy Harper should go a long way to change that.
Below is the video of the home run:
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)