Jul 1, 2013, 7:44 PM EST
It didn’t take Bryce Harper very long to shake the rust after missing the past five weeks with left knee bursitis, as he connected for a solo home run in his first at-bat tonight against the Brewers. Now that’s how you return in style.
The home run was an opposite-field blast off Yovani Gallardo which just eked over the left field fence and nearly ended up in Sean Halton’s glove. After Harper rounded the bases and returned to the dugout, he received a curtain call from the energized home crowd at Nationals Park.
Halfway through the season, the Nationals haven’t been nearly what most of us thought they would be, but a healthy Harper should go a long way to change that.
Below is the video of the home run:
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 14
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 41
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15