Jul 1, 2013, 7:44 PM EDT
It didn’t take Bryce Harper very long to shake the rust after missing the past five weeks with left knee bursitis, as he connected for a solo home run in his first at-bat tonight against the Brewers. Now that’s how you return in style.
The home run was an opposite-field blast off Yovani Gallardo which just eked over the left field fence and nearly ended up in Sean Halton’s glove. After Harper rounded the bases and returned to the dugout, he received a curtain call from the energized home crowd at Nationals Park.
Halfway through the season, the Nationals haven’t been nearly what most of us thought they would be, but a healthy Harper should go a long way to change that.
Below is the video of the home run:
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)