Jul 1, 2013, 10:10 PM EDT
Former major league catcher Darren Daulton underwent surgery today at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital to remove two tumors from his brain, according to CSNPhilly.com. We learned last week about the unfortunate diagnosis.
Today’s procedure took seven hours and was performed by Dr. Kevin D. Judy, M.D., who specializes in neurosurgery. Judy said Daulton is in good spirits and is already talking quite a bit, though the particulars for his recovery won’t be known until they see the final pathology on the tumors. One of the biggest concerns is his language function, which is what brought him to the doctor in the first place.
CSNPhilly.com has video of an interview with Judy:
We’re all rooting for you, “Dutch.”
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)