Jul 1, 2013, 10:10 PM EDT
Former major league catcher Darren Daulton underwent surgery today at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital to remove two tumors from his brain, according to CSNPhilly.com. We learned last week about the unfortunate diagnosis.
Today’s procedure took seven hours and was performed by Dr. Kevin D. Judy, M.D., who specializes in neurosurgery. Judy said Daulton is in good spirits and is already talking quite a bit, though the particulars for his recovery won’t be known until they see the final pathology on the tumors. One of the biggest concerns is his language function, which is what brought him to the doctor in the first place.
CSNPhilly.com has video of an interview with Judy:
We’re all rooting for you, “Dutch.”
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47