Jul 1, 2013, 10:10 PM EST
Former major league catcher Darren Daulton underwent surgery today at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital to remove two tumors from his brain, according to CSNPhilly.com. We learned last week about the unfortunate diagnosis.
Today’s procedure took seven hours and was performed by Dr. Kevin D. Judy, M.D., who specializes in neurosurgery. Judy said Daulton is in good spirits and is already talking quite a bit, though the particulars for his recovery won’t be known until they see the final pathology on the tumors. One of the biggest concerns is his language function, which is what brought him to the doctor in the first place.
CSNPhilly.com has video of an interview with Judy:
We’re all rooting for you, “Dutch.”
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)