Jul 1, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
Cahill left that start against the Marlins after one inning, but then didn’t miss a turn in the rotation and has allowed six runs in back-to-back starts since. That includes failing to make it out of the fifth inning yesterday while serving up three homers against the Braves.
Before the hip injury Cahill had a 3.96 ERA in 14 starts, but it’s ballooned to 4.66. He started 30-plus games in each of his first four seasons and leads the NL with 17 starts this year.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 24
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 16
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 78
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 53
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)