Jul 1, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
Cahill left that start against the Marlins after one inning, but then didn’t miss a turn in the rotation and has allowed six runs in back-to-back starts since. That includes failing to make it out of the fifth inning yesterday while serving up three homers against the Braves.
Before the hip injury Cahill had a 3.96 ERA in 14 starts, but it’s ballooned to 4.66. He started 30-plus games in each of his first four seasons and leads the NL with 17 starts this year.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)