Jul 1, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
Cahill left that start against the Marlins after one inning, but then didn’t miss a turn in the rotation and has allowed six runs in back-to-back starts since. That includes failing to make it out of the fifth inning yesterday while serving up three homers against the Braves.
Before the hip injury Cahill had a 3.96 ERA in 14 starts, but it’s ballooned to 4.66. He started 30-plus games in each of his first four seasons and leads the NL with 17 starts this year.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 64
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 11
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 46
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 47
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)