Jul 1, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
Cahill left that start against the Marlins after one inning, but then didn’t miss a turn in the rotation and has allowed six runs in back-to-back starts since. That includes failing to make it out of the fifth inning yesterday while serving up three homers against the Braves.
Before the hip injury Cahill had a 3.96 ERA in 14 starts, but it’s ballooned to 4.66. He started 30-plus games in each of his first four seasons and leads the NL with 17 starts this year.
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 5
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 27
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 24
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 43
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 64
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 76
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 94
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)