Jul 1, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
Cahill left that start against the Marlins after one inning, but then didn’t miss a turn in the rotation and has allowed six runs in back-to-back starts since. That includes failing to make it out of the fifth inning yesterday while serving up three homers against the Braves.
Before the hip injury Cahill had a 3.96 ERA in 14 starts, but it’s ballooned to 4.66. He started 30-plus games in each of his first four seasons and leads the NL with 17 starts this year.
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 38
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 26
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 59
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 19
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)