July 3rd is National Pray for A-Rod Day

Jul 1, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT

Alex Rodriguez AP

Well, it is assuming this is a legitimate Alex Rodriguez Facebook account. Which it clearly is not. But I do like that someone in this godforsaken land has finally decided to focus on what’s important.

After recounting the awful treatment Mr. Rodriguez has received at the hands of his team, the media and the fans …

Therefore, on July 3rd 2013, America will come together and offer a moment of thought or silent prayer for the injured Yankee. This day will now be known as National Pray for A-Rod Day. Please join the millions of Americans who will take time out of their busy schedules to think about Alex Rodriguez for ten to fifteen minutes. Remember, this isn’t about baseball, it’s about A-Rod.

God Bless.

Written by Alex Rodriguez

And the best part is the photo header:

source:

Thoughts, prayers.

(thanks to Katie H. for the heads up)

1. chip56 - Jul 1, 2013 at 2:11 PM

And fake Brian Cashman responded by freaking out.

2. number42is1 - Jul 1, 2013 at 2:11 PM

3. historiophiliac - Jul 1, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Can centaurs be saved?

4. cofran2004 - Jul 1, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Oh i’ll pray for him…. to get in a fight with a bus.

5. specialkindofstupid - Jul 1, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Considering all the things in this world that legitimately do need our prayer (I can think of 19 families of Arizona fireman off the very top of my head), I’m afraid I just don’t find a fake “Pray for A-Rod Day” terribly funny.

And this is coming from the guy who makes Pablo-Sandoval-eating jokes in approximately 60% of his comments.

6. footballfan01 - Jul 1, 2013 at 2:25 PM

July 3rd is also National Compliment Your Mirror Day, so A-Rod can tell his mirror how great it is at giving him a handsome reflection to kiss.

7. Kevin S. - Jul 1, 2013 at 2:59 PM

This will provide as much benefit for A-Rod as the HGH he allegedly took – zilch.

8. yahmule - Jul 1, 2013 at 3:04 PM

No more ridiculous than any other national day of prayer.

As a gesture of my extreme good will, I’ll send off a paeon of worship to an as yet undetermined pagan deity for Alex. I’m confident he would do the same for me.

9. tmohr - Jul 1, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Some of us are nearing the age at which we may be praying for a rod as well.

• nbjays - Jul 1, 2013 at 6:41 PM

There’s a pill for that…

10. gunpowderjones - Jul 1, 2013 at 5:25 PM

There are starving families who could really use that food you joke about pablo sandoval eating

11. johnholly1039 - Jul 2, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Craig, I find it interesting you’re harping on talking about what’s really important when you, yourself, never stop feeding the Rodriguez media BS machine. He’s a ball player. If you need new topics hit me up.

12. hieronymous27 - Jul 2, 2013 at 8:51 AM

I will pray to St. Jude – the patron saint for lost causes – on 7/3/2013 in the hope that some day A-Rod will grow up and not be such a poo-poo head.

This was 'the perfect baseball game'
  1. S. Kazmir (5570)