Jul 1, 2013, 12:16 PM EST
Kyle Kendrick was hit on the back of the helmet by a pitch while batting yesterday and the Phillies right-hander has been diagnosed with a “mild” concussion.
Of course, because so-called “mild” concussions are still brain injuries that label tends not to mean a whole lot, as Justin Maxwell of the Astros proved most recently. Kendrick’s next start is in jeopardy and, as with all brain injuries, it won’t be surprising if the Phillies eventually place him on the disabled list.
Kendrick actually stayed in the game after being hit and pitched the next half-inning, but Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reports that he “left with a headache after that” and “will be re-evaluated Monday in Pittsburgh.”
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)