Jul 1, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
Kyle Kendrick was hit on the back of the helmet by a pitch while batting yesterday and the Phillies right-hander has been diagnosed with a “mild” concussion.
Of course, because so-called “mild” concussions are still brain injuries that label tends not to mean a whole lot, as Justin Maxwell of the Astros proved most recently. Kendrick’s next start is in jeopardy and, as with all brain injuries, it won’t be surprising if the Phillies eventually place him on the disabled list.
Kendrick actually stayed in the game after being hit and pitched the next half-inning, but Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reports that he “left with a headache after that” and “will be re-evaluated Monday in Pittsburgh.”
- Today is the Sox’ annual Patriot’s Day game. It’s more significant now than ever. 0
- Boswell: “Harper may be the Nats’ seventh-best player” 19
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 55
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 9
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 171
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (171)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)