Jul 1, 2013, 8:53 AM EDT
No reports of physical problems, but he looked awful yesterday lasting only three innings while allowing four runs on four hits and four walks. He gave up two home runs and only 32 of his 67 pitches were strikes.
His velocity was in the low 90s which is probably OK for him at this point, but he’s definitely showing uneven progress on the road back to the bigs.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 228
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (229)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (103)