Jul 1, 2013, 4:03 PM EST
From the man who picked the Philadelphia Phillies to finish ahead of the Braves and the Kansas City Royals over the Tigers, we get this:
— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) July 1, 2013
We don’t know his reasoning yet. When questioned on Twitter he played coy, so I assume a column is forthcoming.
It’s not as crazy as the Phillis pick I suppose — Pedroia has considerable defensive value and, at present, is third in the American League in WAR if you’e into that sort of thing — but it definitely is an offbeat choice what with Miguel Cabrera, Manny Machado and Chris Davis walking the Earth.
And people say I like to troll on Twitter.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 4
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 50
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 49
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 52
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)