Jul 1, 2013, 1:32 PM EDT
David Laurila of FanGraphs had a great conversation starter last week when he asked some players and coaches who they thought was “better” — Babe Ruth or Barry Bonds. He didn’t define “better.” He made his interviewees figure that out and then talk about it a bit. It was cool because it had other players assess baseball performance, which is something we don’t see too often.
Maddux is my favorite player of all time so I’m disqualifying myself due to clear, unshakeable bias. But what say y’all?
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 10
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 102
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 128
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (128)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (102)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)