Jul 1, 2013, 1:32 PM EDT
David Laurila of FanGraphs had a great conversation starter last week when he asked some players and coaches who they thought was “better” — Babe Ruth or Barry Bonds. He didn’t define “better.” He made his interviewees figure that out and then talk about it a bit. It was cool because it had other players assess baseball performance, which is something we don’t see too often.
Maddux is my favorite player of all time so I’m disqualifying myself due to clear, unshakeable bias. But what say y’all?
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 0
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 7
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 20
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)