Jul 2, 2013, 6:55 PM EST
Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies have placed outfielder Dexter Fowler on the 15-day disabled list because of a sore right wrist. Edgmer Escalona was activated and added to the Colorado bullpen in a corresponding roster move.
Fowler’s 15-day disabled list stint is retroactive to June 26, so he will be eligible to return on July 11. And the hope is he’ll be ready on that exact date.
Fowler, 27, is batting .291/.390/.473 with 10 home runs and 12 stolen bases through his first 304 plate appearances this season. He had 13 homers and 12 steals in 530 total plate appearances last season.
Corey Dickerson will get the majority of playing time in center field while Fowler is out.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 293
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)