Jul 2, 2013, 6:55 PM EDT
Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies have placed outfielder Dexter Fowler on the 15-day disabled list because of a sore right wrist. Edgmer Escalona was activated and added to the Colorado bullpen in a corresponding roster move.
Fowler’s 15-day disabled list stint is retroactive to June 26, so he will be eligible to return on July 11. And the hope is he’ll be ready on that exact date.
Fowler, 27, is batting .291/.390/.473 with 10 home runs and 12 stolen bases through his first 304 plate appearances this season. He had 13 homers and 12 steals in 530 total plate appearances last season.
Corey Dickerson will get the majority of playing time in center field while Fowler is out.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)