Jul 2, 2013, 6:55 PM EDT
Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies have placed outfielder Dexter Fowler on the 15-day disabled list because of a sore right wrist. Edgmer Escalona was activated and added to the Colorado bullpen in a corresponding roster move.
Fowler’s 15-day disabled list stint is retroactive to June 26, so he will be eligible to return on July 11. And the hope is he’ll be ready on that exact date.
Fowler, 27, is batting .291/.390/.473 with 10 home runs and 12 stolen bases through his first 304 plate appearances this season. He had 13 homers and 12 steals in 530 total plate appearances last season.
Corey Dickerson will get the majority of playing time in center field while Fowler is out.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)