Jul 2, 2013, 6:55 PM EDT
Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies have placed outfielder Dexter Fowler on the 15-day disabled list because of a sore right wrist. Edgmer Escalona was activated and added to the Colorado bullpen in a corresponding roster move.
Fowler’s 15-day disabled list stint is retroactive to June 26, so he will be eligible to return on July 11. And the hope is he’ll be ready on that exact date.
Fowler, 27, is batting .291/.390/.473 with 10 home runs and 12 stolen bases through his first 304 plate appearances this season. He had 13 homers and 12 steals in 530 total plate appearances last season.
Corey Dickerson will get the majority of playing time in center field while Fowler is out.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)