Jul 2, 2013, 6:55 PM EDT
Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies have placed outfielder Dexter Fowler on the 15-day disabled list because of a sore right wrist. Edgmer Escalona was activated and added to the Colorado bullpen in a corresponding roster move.
Fowler’s 15-day disabled list stint is retroactive to June 26, so he will be eligible to return on July 11. And the hope is he’ll be ready on that exact date.
Fowler, 27, is batting .291/.390/.473 with 10 home runs and 12 stolen bases through his first 304 plate appearances this season. He had 13 homers and 12 steals in 530 total plate appearances last season.
Corey Dickerson will get the majority of playing time in center field while Fowler is out.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)