Jul 2, 2013, 5:44 PM EDT
Heath Bell, a Proven Closer, is once again closing:
— Steve Gilbert (@SteveGilbertMLB) July 2, 2013
We now have conclusive evidence that Kirk Gibson is really a Dodgers’ sleeper agent. I mean really, he couldn’t help the Diamondbacks’ opponents win any better if he went back in a time machine to the mid-80s and plugged himself in at right field.
Eh, OK, jokes aside. Putz has problems too. Elbow and ineffectiveness problems. But any team putting Heath Bell into the closer’s role is kinda hard to take seriously as a contender.
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 30
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 14
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 67
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86