Jul 2, 2013, 5:44 PM EST
Heath Bell, a Proven Closer, is once again closing:
— Steve Gilbert (@SteveGilbertMLB) July 2, 2013
We now have conclusive evidence that Kirk Gibson is really a Dodgers’ sleeper agent. I mean really, he couldn’t help the Diamondbacks’ opponents win any better if he went back in a time machine to the mid-80s and plugged himself in at right field.
Eh, OK, jokes aside. Putz has problems too. Elbow and ineffectiveness problems. But any team putting Heath Bell into the closer’s role is kinda hard to take seriously as a contender.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 42
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 108
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)