Jul 2, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
Soria is coming back from Tommy John elbow surgery last spring and has a 7/1 K/BB ratio while allowing just one hit in five appearances.
He’d likely be eased into a setup role in front of closer Joe Nathan and if healthy could make a huge impact in the second half. Prior to the elbow injury that knocked him out for all of last season Soria had a 2.40 ERA and 9.7 strikeouts per nine innings for the Royals from 2007-2011.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 31
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 34
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 116
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 46
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)